Wednesday, 28 September 2011
I feel very lucky to be living in Japan. I know that not many people get the chance to move to the other side of the world. I spent years in my home town just wanting to leave and move far away but I never really expected to be with my husband or the military. I figured I would study abroad for a semester in Europe and that would basically be it for living out side the U.S. Japan was never a plan. It is kinda frustrating living somewhere that the native tongue is not English or even Latin based. Its a whole new world and I am not just talking about Japan, living on a military base is way different too. We have been here over a year and I have no friend, just a few antiquates, but not any real friends. I didn't have this problem back home, I had lots of friend and people I could count on or not feel like I was bothering. I think its my crazy/ unfriendliness , lol. Its gotten worse over the past few years and I guess the friends back home just kinda went with it and here it catches people off guard. Maybe its not just that either, most of the people here are older and/or have kids. I feel like when we hang out with older people it is like hanging out with my parents and people with kids are not as spontaneous and have more responsibility and I think it would be nice if we/I had friends who could be random and go out on adventures at the drop of a dime. (Plus it kinda sucks having to cut the night short due the people your hanging with having to get back to relive the babysitter) Parents also tend to be friend with other parents. Hopefully I go crazy enough soon to where I just start making up people, then I just hang out with them, but with my luck they will all be old and have kids. I guess I will just have to make due with the time I get with my husband.:) I need to get hobbies for when he cant keep me entertained. We still have so much to do and see here, and I think it is time to focus more on that instead of my lack of a social life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment